For hurricane specific information, please refer to Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP) Official Louisiana Hurricane Survival Guide.
GET A GAME PLAN!
It’s important for you to be prepared for severe weather, for your safety and the safety of your family. The key is to have a winning game plan and it only takes three steps!
STEP 1: PUT TOGETHER AN EMERGENCY KIT
- Include Essential Supplies and Important Papers such as a first aid kit, a seven-day supply of your prescription medications (preferably in their original pill bottles), your Louisiana Healthcare Connections Member ID Card and your Medicaid ID Card.
STEP 2: MAKE PREPARATIONS
- Prepare a Personal Evacuation Plan by identifying several places you could go if you have to evacuate.
- Protect Your Home and Valuables by bringing outdoor furniture, trashcans, etc. indoors, turning off electricity and water, leaving natural gas on and turning off propane gas service.
- Prepare for Electrical Outages by stocking up on candles, lighters, flashlights and batteries to use as light sources.
- Pre-register for Disaster Food Stamps by visiting the Department of Children & Family Services website.
- Register on our Secure Member Portal by clicking Login for access to your personal health record in case you are forced to evacuate and need medical attention.
- Make prior arrangements with your doctor (Primary Care Provider) if you or a family member requires medical devices that operate on electricity.
STEP 3: STAY INFORMED
- For updates regarding an actual emergency, check our website at www.LouisianaHealthConnect.com or call Member Services at (866) 595-8133.
- In the event of an emergency or disaster, your pharmacy can provide you with additional medication you are currently prescribed to ensure the continuation of your care.
- If you are forced to evacuate, please call us at (866) 595-8133 to locate a doctor (Primary Care Provider) near you.
- For emergencies, call 911 in all areas.
For assistance creating a game plan, please contact Member Services at (866) 595-8133 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday-Friday. For more information on how to prepare for an emergency, visit Get a Game Plan.