New Provider Orientation Webinars (Medical)
In addition to onsite visits, our Provider Consultants conduct New Provider Orientation webinars on a regular basis.
If your practice is new to our network, or if you would like more information on health plan policies and procedures, please join us. View webinar dates and times and register here.
Our New Provider Orientation presentation is also available to view at any time.
Please contact Provider Services at 1-866-595-8133 to schedule a training session with your dedicated Provider Consultant.
New Provider Orientation Webinars (Behavioral Health)
Please join Louisiana Healthcare Connections for a new provider orientation webinar for specialized behavioral health providers.
We encourage office managers, billers, clinicians and others involved in the managed care process to attend to learn about:
- Helpful tips for successful claims submission
- Guidance on authorization guidelines
- Resources to streamline your practice
- Live question and answer session
These events are recurring for your convenience. View webinar dates and times and register here.
Behavioral Health Clinical Provider Trainings
Louisiana Healthcare Connections network providers and their stakeholders may also take part in specialized behavioral health clinical trainings. Training topics will include but are not limited to the following:
- Cultural competency
- Evidence–based practices, promising practices and emerging best practices
- Smart goals which covers treatment planning and documentation requirements
- Clinical assessments (LOCUS) – utilizing the level of care utilization system assessment tool
- Integrated physical and behavioral health
- Service authorization requirements (in-patient and outpatient)
- Specialized training on billing procedures and service authorizations for providers that traditionally billed Medicaid/Medicare only
- Access and use of Louisiana Healthcare Connections’ provider portal, website and other tools
- Special emphasis will be made to train foster care providers on all above topics, as well as trauma informed care, LGBT youth in foster care, human trafficking and aging out
Register for a training at www.cenpaticou.com.
- Select LA from the map.
- Scroll down to see course offerings.
- Select the training of your preference and complete the registration process.
Non-licensed Behavioral Health Provider Training
Non-licensed behavioral health providers are required by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals to complete standard basic training courses. Access these trainings here.
For PT, OT and ST authorization questions or to schedule an authorization training session, please contact Julie Stover at (512) 876-0843 or email@example.com.
Culturally Competent Care
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Minority Health has published a suite of online educational programs to Advance Health Equity at Every Point of Contact through the development and promotion of culturally and linguistically appropriate services. Visit Think Cultural Health to access these free online resources.