Community Health Grants
Since 2012, Louisiana Healthcare Connections has been dedicated to transforming health across the state with a priority focused on healthy communities. Our Community Health Grants Program is an effort to financially support programs that target food support, food security and food sustainability in local communities. This support also extends to programs that contribute to strengthening individuals, families and communities by providing food resources coupled with nutrition, health and wellness education.
Up to six (6) awards of up to $15,000 each will be awarded to eligible healthcare providers, schools and non-profit organizations across the state.
- May 20, 2019: RFP posted to our website.
- June 21, 2019: Proposals due by 5:00 p.m.
- July 15, 2019: Grant awards announced.
- August 31, 2019: Grant awards funded.
- February 28, 2020: Interim reports due by 5:00 p.m.
- August 31, 2020: Grant awards expended.
- September 30, 2020: Final reports due by 5:00 p.m.
- Nonprofit applicants (or their fiscal agents) must have a 501(c) 3 or 509 (a) (1) IRS designation and have been in operation for at least three (3) years. (If a fiscal agent is used, a letter of support from the fiscal agent must be included in the attachments.)
- Healthcare providers must be in-network with Louisiana Healthcare Connections and have been in operation for at least three (3) years.
- Organizations must be based in Louisiana and serve the Medicaid population.
- Organizations must serve communities in Louisiana. Grant funding must be spent on
- programs that directly serve individuals and families in Louisiana.
- Project for which funding is requested must be completed within one year of the award date. Sponsorships, events, health fairs, scholarship programs, political activities and projects requiring multi-year support from Louisiana Healthcare Connections are not eligible.
- Project must align with the mission and vision of Louisiana Healthcare Connections.
Proposals awarded a grant will receive a formal grant agreement via email. Interim and Final reporting instructions will be included. The grant agreement must be signed by the organization’s CEO or Executive Director and returned within 15 business days. A countersigned agreement will be returned along with a check for the full award amount no later than August 31, 2019.
Organizations receiving grant funding must market activities or events related to the funded project on social media and tag. Social media guidelines will be provided with the award letter.
All grant funds must be expended by August 31, 2020. To be considered for future grant funding, reports must be provided on a timely basis.
February 28, 2020: Interim reports are due by 5 p.m.
September 30, 2020: Final reports are due by 5 p.m.
Questions concerning the grant application, application process or reporting requirements may be directed to CommunityGrants@LouisianaHealthConnect.com. All emails will receive a response within two (2) business days.