New Provider Orientation Webinars
If your practice is new to our network, or if you would like more information on health plan policies and procedures, please join us.
We encourage office managers, billers, clinicians and others involved in the managed care process to attend and learn about:
- Claims submission procedures
- Authorization guidelines
- Resources to streamline your practice
- Points of contact
- Live question and answer session
Behavioral Health Clinical Trainings
Louisiana Healthcare Connections network providers and their stakeholders may also take part in specialized behavioral health clinical trainings. Some training topics include :
- Clinical assessments (LOCUS) – utilizing the level of care utilization system assessment tool
- Evidence–based practices, promising practices and emerging best practices
- Cultural competency
- Smart goals which covers treatment planning and documentation requirements
- Integrated physical and behavioral health
- Service authorization requirements (in-patient and outpatient)
Non-Licensed Behavioral Health Provider Trainings
Non-licensed behavioral health providers are required by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals to complete standard basic training courses. The required trainings are posted below.
- Co-Occurring Disorders
- Crisis Intervention
- Cultural and Linguistic Competency
- Serious Mental Illness and Emotional Behavioral Disorders
- Suicide and Homicide Precautions
- System of Care Overview
- Treatment Planning
Upon completion of the trainings, please sign and submit the Non-Licensed Behavioral Health Provider Training Attestation to firstname.lastname@example.org. This attestation will be maintained in your provider record as verification of completion.
For physical, occupational or speech therapy authorization questions, or to schedule an authorization training session, please contact Amber Brackman at 1-512-406-7200, ext.67534, or email@example.com.
Culturally Competent Care
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Minority Health has published a suite of online educational programs to Advance Health Equity at Every Point of Contact through the development and promotion of culturally and linguistically appropriate services. Visit Think Cultural Health to access these free online resources.