Grants, Sponsorships & Giving
In serving our organizations’ purpose – transforming Louisiana’s health, one person at a time – Louisiana Healthcare Connections depends on community partners who share our vision for the health of all. We invest in strategic initiatives to increase preventive care, create health equity, and improve health outcomes.
- Prioritize initiatives providing or enhancing direct service.
- Focus on organizations serving Louisiana’s Medicaid population.
- Represent the geographic and demographic diversity of our members.
- Value coordinated, collective efforts over fragmented or duplicative ones.
- Address social determinants of health related to:
- Food security
- Job training and placement
- The remediation of health-harming environmental factors
- Create health equity and eliminate health disparities
- Underserved communities
- Systematic barriers to care
- Inclusion and cultural sensitivity in care
- Increase preventive care, with a special focus in 2022 on:
- COVID-19 vaccinations
- Hepatitis C treatment
- Pediatric fluoride varnish
- Childhood and adolescent immunizations
- Cervical and colorectal cancer screenings
- Reduction in cesarean rates for low-risk, first-birth mothers
- Diabetes management and support
- Hypertension management and support
- Enhance Medicaid healthcare providers’ resources and skills to:
- Leverage equity-based approaches to overcome health disparities
- Foster cultural sensitivity and diversity
- Integrate physical and behavioral healthcare
Funding Recipient Criteria
- Aligned with our purpose, principles, and priorities
- Directly serving Medicaid recipients within Louisiana
- In good standing with the Louisiana Secretary of State and Internal Revenue Service
- Community organizations must be registered as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, 501(c)(19) Veterans group, or 509(a)(1) church, school or hospital.
- Healthcare providers must be in our network
- Individuals, for-profit corporations, or other entities without a 501(c)(3 or 19) or 509(a)(1) designation
- Efforts related to elections or public policy
- Organizations excluded from the Louisiana Medicaid program
- Entities that discriminate based on age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability
We support a limited number of proposals for operations, programs, and services each year.
- Typically accept proposals in Q2 for announcement in Q3
- Proposals can be submitted via online grant application (applications not currently being accepted)
- We do not fund proposals with administrative costs greater than 10%
- To be notified about grant opportunities, subscribe for updates by email
Typically, the requesting organization submits a sponsor / exhibitor brochure for consideration.
- Monthly review and selection cycle
- Requests must be submitted 60 days in advance
- Submit via email to: CommunityGrants@LouisianaHealthConnect.com
Promotional items (e.g., bags, cups, hand sanitizer, masks, pens), food, beverages, or other items in support of programs or events that align with our investment priorities.
- Monthly review and selection cycle
- Requests must be submitted 30 days in advance.
- Request may be made via email to: CommunityGrants@LouisianaHealthConnect.com
Approval and Discretion
All grants, sponsorships and events require the approval of the Louisiana Department of Health. As a result, sponsorship and donation requests made fewer than 30 days in advance may not be considered.
This strategy guides our community investments but cannot anticipate every scenario. Funds are limited and compliance with the provisions within this strategy do not guarantee funding. Decisions are made at Louisiana Healthcare Connections’ discretion based on these and other factors, to best serve our mission and purpose.
Questions concerning the grant application, application process, or reporting requirements may be directed to CommunityGrants@LouisianaHealthConnect.com.