Community Health Grants
COVID-19 Recovery Grants Program
In March 2020, Louisiana entered a State of Emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because the pandemic has disrupted the very fabric of our communities, families and individuals struggling to overcome the challenges created by this unprecedented crisis have a heightened and immediate need for social and healthcare services. In response to these emergent needs within our local communities, we have established the COVID-19 Recovery Grant Program to identify and provide support for local, community-based organizations that are creating innovative solutions to address the barriers currently affecting our state’s most vulnerable populations.
- Nonprofit applicants (or their fiscal agents) must have a 501(c)3 or 509(a)(1) IRS designation and have been in operation for at least three (3) years. (If a fiscal agent is used, a letter of support from the fiscal agent must be included in the attachments.)
- Organizations must be based in Louisiana and serve the Medicaid population.
- Organization’s programming must address at least one of the following:
- Financial assistance to low-income individuals and families
- Homelessness and housing, including rent assistance
- Food insecurity, with a special preference for infant formula
- Social isolation
- Transportation, including the delivery of food, diapers and infant formula
- Utility payment assistance
With respect to employment, volunteer participation, or the provision of services, Louisiana Healthcare Connections does not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
Award Information and Reporting Requirements
Grants up to $5,000 each will be awarded to eligible community based organizations. Funded proposals will receive a formal grant agreement via email.
The grant agreement must be signed by the organization’s CEO or Executive Director and be returned within 15 business days from receipt of the grant agreement. A countersigned agreement along with a check for the full award amount will be sent no later than thirty days.
Questions concerning the grant application, application process or reporting requirements may be directed to CommunityGrants@LouisianaHealthConnect.com. All emails will receive a response within two (2) business days.
Covid-19 Recovery Grant Cycle Schedule
May 6, 2020: RFP posted online
- Proposals will be reviewed on a weekly basis
- After each weekly review of applications received, some may be approved, some may be declined, and some may be held for consideration for funding in later weeks or months
- Accepted proposals will receive a confirmation email
About Our Community Health Grants Program
Launched in 2018, our Community Health Grants fund efforts focused on addressing food insecurity—a major social determinant of health that impacts a significant percentage of Louisiana Healthcare Connections members.
Funding programs that target hunger, food insecurity and food sustainability in local communities, Community Health Grants also support programs that contribute to strengthening individuals, families and communities by providing food resources coupled with nutrition, health and wellness education.
Previous grant awardees:
Questions about the Community Health Grants program, application process and awards information may be directed to CommunityGrants@LouisianaHealthConnect.com.