Community Health Grants
Grants Available to Help Fight Hunger
Grants available to help fight hunger
Up to $100,000 in grant funds available for non-profits, healthcare providers, schools to address food insecurity
The Community Health Grants program will invest awards of up to $20,000 each to eligible Louisiana entities, including healthcare providers, schools and non-profit community organizations. The grants aim to invest in projects that improve access to food and nutrition for Louisiana’s Medicaid population.
- Nonprofit applicants (or their fiscal agents) must have a 501(c) 3 or 509 (a) (1) IRS designation and have been in operation for at least three (3) years. (If a fiscal agent is used, a letter of support from the fiscal agent must be included in the attachments.)
- Healthcare providers must be in-network with Louisiana Healthcare Connections and have been in operation for at least three (3) years.
- Organizations must be based in Louisiana and serve the Medicaid population.
- Organizations must serve communities in Louisiana. Grant funding must be spent on programs that directly serve individuals and families in Louisiana.
- Project for which funding is requested must be completed within one year of the award date. Sponsorships, events, health fairs, scholarship programs, political activities and projects requiring multi-year support from Louisiana Healthcare Connections are not eligible.
- Project must align with the mission and vision of Louisiana Healthcare Connections.
With respect to employment, volunteer participation, or the provision of services, Louisiana Healthcare Connections does not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
Award Information and Reporting Requirements
Grants up to $20,000 each will be awarded to eligible community based organizations. Funded proposals will receive a formal grant agreement via email.
Applications must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on July 24, 2021. Grant awards will be announced in September.
Questions concerning the grant application, application process, or reporting requirements may be directed to CommunityGrants@LouisianaHealthConnect.com.
Click here to read the official announcement from Louisiana Healthcare Connections.