Get Help Applying for SSI or SSDI
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) are U.S. government programs. SSI and SSDI provide cash assistance to people who are blind, disabled or over the age of 65. Your Louisiana Healthcare Connections benefits do not change if you receive SSI or SSDI.
People who qualify for SSI can get up to $771 a month in cash.
How do you know if you qualify for SSI?
- Do you have a Compassionate Allowances (CAL) condition?
- Do you have an illness that is not treatable, like severe cancer, ALS or AIDS?
- Do you have a diagnosis of End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)?
- Do you have a medical condition that kept you from working for more than 12 months?
- Do you have a severe medical condition and can now no longer work?
- Do you have a severe mental illness that prevents you from working (like schizophrenia)?
- Do you have a child who uses a wheelchair or a walker?
- Do you have a child who was born with a chronic condition?
- Do you have a child who has been in Special Education for more than 12 months?
- Do you have a child who has trouble speaking, hearing or understanding speech?
- Did you deliver a baby weighing 2.10 pounds (or less) at birth in the last six months?
If you answered “YES” to any of the questions above, you may qualify for SSI. And if you are an adult who has worked for 10 years or more, you may qualify for higher benefits through SSDI.
Change Healthcare can help you apply for SSI or SSDI.
Call Change Healthcare toll-free 1-866-612-3728 (TTY: 1-888-987-2325), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to find out if you qualify. Ask to speak with an SSI Advocate.
What to know before applying for benefits
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) both provide benefits based on disability or blindness. But the programs have different rules affecting eligibility and benefit payments. A Change Healthcare SSI Advocate can help you find out if you qualify for SSI, SSDI or both.
Some people may qualify to receive both SSI and SSDI at the same time. This is called having “concurrent benefits.”
To apply for SSI or SSDI is hard and can take up to a year. But Change Healthcare does all the steps for you. And their services are free for Louisiana Healthcare Connections members.
If they learn you are eligible, a Change Healthcare SSI Advocate will:
- Fill out ALL forms for you
- Submit ALL forms for you
- Conduct ALL follow up for you
Change Healthcare will make sure any personal or medical information you give them is kept safe and secure.
Your Change Healthcare SSI Advocate will need to ask you questions to find out if you are eligible. If you are, they will need more information to complete your SSI or SSDI application. Your SSI Advocate will need to ask you questions which may feel very personal. Change Healthcare will keep confidential all personal and health information you give them.
Your SSI Advocate may ask about:
- Your medical conditions
- Your doctors and the medical care you’ve received
- Your date and place of birth
- Money and sources of income*
- Where you live and who you live with
- Things you own, such as vehicles, property and insurance policies
- Your citizenship or alien status
- Education or job training you may have received
- Your job history, if you have worked
- Your U.S. military service, if you were in the military
- Your husband or wife’s income, if you are married and living together
If you receive a call from a number you do not recognize and want to make sure it is from Change Healthcare before giving your information, just hang up and call their toll-free main number at 1-866-612-3728 (TTY: 1-888-987-2325). Change Healthcare SSI Advocates are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or call Member Services at 1-866-595-8133 (TTY: 711), and we’ll be happy to transfer you.
*Change Healthcare will never ask for your bank account number. Never give you bank account number to anyone over the phone.
Before you talk with an SSI Advocate, it’s a good idea to collect some documents and other information. This will help make the application process as quick and easy as possible. To start, you’ll need:
- Your Louisiana Healthcare Connections member ID card (You can print a copy from your member portal account.)
- Proof of age, such as a birth certificate
- The names and phone numbers of all the doctors you see
- Proof of income, such as bank statements, payroll stubs or records of other income
More documents or medical records may be needed to complete your application. Your SSI Advocate will tell you if you need to provide additional items.
Unfortunately, there are scam companies who may say they want to help you apply for SSI. Or they may say they want to help you fix a problem with your Social Security Number. But they are really trying to steal your personal information.
Change Healthcare is not a scam company.
Louisiana Healthcare Connections has chosen Change Healthcare as a trusted partner who can help our members apply for SSI and SSDI. Change Healthcare may call you if they think you may be eligible. They will keep all your personal information safe and confidential.
To verify if a call you received is from Change Healthcare, just call them directly! Call toll-free 1-866-612-3728 (TTY: 1-888-987-2325) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or call Member Services at 1-866-595-8133 (TTY: 711) and we’ll be happy to transfer you.
Change Healthcare will never ask for your bank account number. Never give you bank account number to anyone over the phone.