Your Colorectal Cancer Screenings are Free, and Earn You Rewards. Schedule Yours Today!
Call your primary care provider today to schedule your next colorectal cancer screening!
Earn a $50 My Health Pays® reward when you complete your colorectal cancer screening!
Taking care of your health pays off. Members ages 45-75 are eligible for the $50 My Health Pays® reward once they have completed their colorectal cancer screening. Once you complete your colorectal cancer screening, your provider will submit a claim to us. After we receive the claim, the reward will be added to your My Health Pays® rewards card.
You are at risk of colorectal cancer if you fall within ANY of these categories:
- Are age 45 or older
- Do not exercise
- Have a family history of colorectal cancer
- Smoke tobacco
- Are overweight (have a BMI of 25.0 or greater)
- Consume more than 2 glasses of alcohol per day
- Have type 2 diabetes or Crohn’s disease
- Eat more than three portions of red meat or processed meat (like deli meat, bacon and hot dogs) per week
Colorectal cancer almost always develops from abnormal growths in the colon or rectum. Screening tests can help find these abnormal growths so they can be removed before they turn into cancer.
Multiple screening tests are available and are used at different times. Possible tests include:
- Colonoscopy every 10 years
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy every 5 years
- CT colonography (virtual colonoscopy) every 5 years
- Yearly fecal occult blood test
- Yearly stool fecal immunochemical test (FIT)
- Stool DNA test every 1 to 3 years
Talk with your primary care provider about which test is best for you. Some people should be screened using a different schedule because of their personal or family health history. Talk with your primary care provider about your health history.
Krames Online HealthSheets™
Part of being healthy is having the resources you need when you need them. We know questions can slip your mind when you’re at the doctor’s office, so here is information you can search for now or any other time you want.
Below are links to a few HealthSheets™ specific to colorectal cancer screenings that you may find helpful. You can always find more information at our Krames Online member health resource site.